American Mathematical Society — 1998 through Present
- Senior User Interface/Experience Designer & Special Project Coordinator
This senior position coordinates special projects and activities relating to the general operation and
direction of the AMS website and other web-based initiatives. In this role, I work closely with and take direction
from the Information Services Director and the organization's Web Governance Group. Subsequently, I analyze user requirements, collaborate with graphic artists, and work with web developers to prototype and design visually aesthetic, highly usable web interfaces. I am responsible for overseeing all user experience and design aspects of the organization’s websites.
- Introduced Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to the organization
- Brought on Bootstrap as our front-end framework
- Led the selection project to bring in Informz as the company's mass email marketing platform
- Manage the technical side of the AMS blogosphere
- Led the Information Architecture project in use on the website today
- Designed the AMS Bookstore
- Brought Mathematical Moments to Alexa: "Alexa, play Mathematical Moments Podcast."
Eleven Limited, LLC — 2005 - 2015
- Business Owner · Web developer · Consultant
- Eleven Limited was a small web design and development business catering to small businesses that did not have staff or expertise to develop their own web presence.
- Ayer, Elizabeth and McMahon, Timothy E. "A People Driven Web Redesign." Associations Now (2012): 2-5.
- McMahon, Timothy E. "Give More Than You Take." Keenan, Maggie F. Small Businesses Give Big. Richmond: Alma Publishing, 2008. 58‐64.
- McMahon, Timothy E. and Blessing Kathy M. "The Twayne Authors Series." The Charleston Advisor (2001): 42-43.
- —. "Evaluation of Presidential Candidates Websites." Government Information Quarterly (2001): 69-72.
- Bucci, Wendy and McMahon, Timothy E. "Toward a Stable Web: Current Initiatives Add Stability to a Dynamic Environment." Information Outlook (2000): 59-60.
- McMahon, Timothy E. "An Annotated Bibliography of Works by Theodore Kaczynski from 1965-1969 Drawn from the MathSciNet Database." Bulletin of Bibliography (2000): 95-97.
- —. "This Science Isn't Just for Mathematicians Anymore: Mathematics Resources on the Internet." College & Research Libraries News (2000): 395-399.
- —. "Outsourcing the Portal: Another Branch in the Decision Tree." Information Outlook (2000): 23-26.
- —. "Google.com." The Charleston Advisor (2000): 31-33.
- —. "Just What Is an Intelligent Agent?" Information Outlook (2000): 40-42.
- —. "Portals, Portals Everywhere." Information Outlook (1999): 36-38.
- —. "The Cutting Edge: A New Beginning." Information Outlook (1999): 88.
- —. "Electronic Resources: Use and User Behavior." Information Outlook (1999): 34.
- —. "National Archives and Records Administration Web Site." Government Information Quarterly (1999): 81-84.
- —. "National library of medicine web site: National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services." Government Information Quarterly (1999): 81-84.
- —. "An Annotated Bibliography of Works by the 1998 Fields Medal Winners Drawn from the AMS MathSciNet Database." Bulletin of Bibliography (1999): 15-43.
- McMahon, Timothy E. and Morse, Robert. "Presidential Libraries Websites." Government Information Quarterly (1999): 305-307.
- McMahon, Timothy E. "Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications (MOCAT) Online." College & Research Libraries News (1998): 288-289.
- —. "Software Review: EndNote." The Journal of Academic Librarianship (1998): 430-431.
- —. "Career Resources on the Web." Information Outlook (1998): 12-14.
- —. "ProCite 4: A Look at the Latest Release in Bibliographic Management Software." Library Software Review (1998): 4-13.
- McMahon, Timothy E. "A Brief Overview of the Spaulding House Research Library and the Providence Jewelry Museum." Molloy, Scott and Barden, Eric. A Guide to the Historical Study of Rhode Island Working People. Rhode Island Labor History Society, 1995. 39-40.
- —. "A Seed Drops on a Distant Land: The Emigration of Patrick McMahon." The Irish Genealogist (1995): 188-194.
- —. "Plumbing the Depths of Rhode Island Labor History: An Information Needs Essay." Current Studies in Librarianship (1995): 42-45.
- —. The McMahon Chronicles: The Story of an Irish-American Family in Rhode Island, 1870-1994. Providence: Taurus House, 1994.
Rhode Island Army National Guard
- Detachment 1, Long Range Surveillance - 1st Squadron 26th Cavalry
- Sergeant - Long Range Reconnaissance Scout
United States Army
- 3rd Infantry Division - Division Deception Planning NCO - Commanding General's Staff
- 9th Infantry Division - 3/60 Infantry Regiment
- Cavalry Scout – Airborne qualified